IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR HIGHSTONE RESIDENTS RE: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)highstone
STAY IN YOUR HOME IF YOU HAVE CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either a high temperature or a new, continuous cough.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
For further advice follow the link below:
Urgent advice: Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
HOW TO AVOID CATCHING OR SPREADING GERMS
There are things you can do to help stop germs like Coronavirus spreading.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
We are fully committed to ensuring that we keep all our customers and staff as safe as possible. To try to delay the spread of the virus, we have taken the decision to stop all non-essential staff meetings and visits at our support schemes – this is with immediate effect. Family visitors, essential maintenance operatives and other professionals will continue to enter the schemes.
We would really appreciate your support during this time. Whilst we do not want to stop you from visiting your loved ones, we do ask that everyone follows the latest government guidance outlined above.
Visits should be avoided by anyone who is feeling unwell to avoid unnecessary risk.
Please be reassured that we are closely following and complying with the Public Health Authorities to ensure that we keep our customers safe, and that our staff are supported to continue to deliver great care and support.
If the advice from the Government changes, and we do have to make changes to how we are working, we will use this website to let you know and keep you informed.